View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 09:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
2many2count

I truly thank you all from the bottom of my heart. It helps to have friends that can cheer you on during hard times.I may not know all of you personally but we all share some kind of common ground. When I read all of your posts it really touched me to know that there are people in the world that care about the welfare of others. Friends like that are so hard to find in "my world". Most of the time you have to lean on your family for support. I am leaning on my family here is my world as well as my family here at SR. Thank you all so much for giving me much needed advice when I was falling apart. It always helped to know that there were others out there that had been where I was and made it.
The kids and I are doing great undser the circumstances. With "Daddy" being gone the little ones are not letting me out of there sight for 5 minutes because they are scared I'll leave and not come back. So I just hold them tight and love them extra hasrd right now. My older kids are feeling much needed relief from all the stress and are giving me the respect I finally deserve from them. I guess when they saw their mother giving in to such crap they lost a little respect. Things are slow moving right now. My mother made the Top Story on the news in Raleigh/Durham last week. She was at work at the hospital there and an inmate escaped from the ER and carjacked one of her co-workers as she was leaving work and the man ran into my mothers car and messed it up real good. Then Monday of this week she was driving her husbands hunting truck to work and was rear-ended not far from home. So now she has 2 vehicles that have to get fixed and she is searching the classified ads for a house for us.
Here in NC we have a law that not many of our police officers make known in Domestic cases that I found out from an attorney Monday. If your husband leaves your home with the help of the sheriffs dept. ,whether he's been arrested or not, he cannot return without your consent. You do not have to have a restraining order in place. They call it Domestic Criminal Trespassing and they will be arrested for it. Evidently you have to specify that to the sheriffs dept. I didn't know this until I spoke with an attorney and its good information to know incase anyone out there is in a domestic violence situation.
The older kids started school last week so they are busy at night with homework and I'm taking some online courses and that is keeping me very busy too.

I'll continue to keep everyone updated. Thanks for your prayers and concern and I love you all!

Holly