Thread: making choices
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 05:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
soconfused

Well I went to my very first Al-Anon Meeting. I found it very helpful. I am excited to go to another. Everyone there were so nice and had been through similar things as myself. I feel by going to these meetings I will gain alot of strength.

My boyfriend was released from rehab yesterday. I saw him for the first time since the huge blowup. I think he expected me to welcome him back with open arms. That things could just be picked up right where we left them.

I told him that I needed to figure out what I wanted out of life. That while he was gone I needed to take care of myself. I rebuilt this wall and I wasnt going to let him break it down. That I still cared about him, and that it was going to take time to get over this.

I told him if he was going to be apart of my life again it will not be like it was before. I dont want to live my life like I was.

I learned last night at the Al-Anon mtg about step 3. To just let go of the things I cant control. That is exactly what I am trying to do.

Thanks for letting me post this. I just wanted to share my new strength and energy I found last night.