Thread: gonna do it
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

sanddollar you are starting on one of the most beautiful walks you will ever take in your life, a new rebirth.

I went through voluntary de-tox and then straight into AA, I have 86 days now and I am happier then I have been in 20+ years.

Lay it all out on the line for the doctor, how long you have drank, how much and the effects will help in him determining if inpatient or outpatient will be best for you.

The decision is up to you though, I had it in my alcoholic head that all I needed was some drugs to help with the cravings and some out patient care and I would have 40 years of drinking whipped in a few weeks! LOL

Looking back on it now tells me just how messed up I was, I am very happy that my doctor talked me into detox, they kept me medicated to keep the shakes from withdrawals to a minimum, I was amazed that I was without a drink for over 4 days before I can honestly say I was sober (as I could have been).

Be honest with the doctor and with yourself and make the decision that ten years from now will be the best one for you and your family, not what is best for this instant. Just my opinion, I wish you all the best no matter your choice, we will be here to lend a hand where we can.