View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kwhit10120

Understandng bi-polar ex :(

Hi, my b/f just broke up with me a few weeks ago, without really telling me the reasons, just that is was over. He will not talk to me, return calls or emails. Unfortunately we work together! He is an alcoholic and I believe Bi-Polar (runs in his family and he exhibits the symptoms) he will not seek treatment and he is now back with this ex girlfriend who is also drug/alcohol addicted and she has failed rehab several times. I can't comprehend why he left me when I was trying to help him get help and he went back to her, he looks terrible, do bipolar's have a hard time REALLY committing? Or is it because I have NO addictions and he feels he can only be with someone else who has similar problems? I of course am devastated and working with both of them is becoming a nightmare for me. Could someone please explain the mindset of this man who went on and on about how much he despised this woman, he filed a human resource compliant on her etc several months ago and NOW he's back with her? Please offer some adivce here, should I be thankful he is gone? I"ve had to bail him out of jail, clean his apt etc. I own my own home and am fairly stable, so what did I do wrong? Thank you all for your time.