Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dazednconfuseed

Help Please

OK so I am scared, confused, and unsure of what to do.My BF had been in recovery for almost 7 months. My God he was doing so well. Going to his meetings, working his program, even chaired a few meetings. He got me to start going to meetings for both NA and AA. I was so proud of him, He got a good job making decient money. We got our own place. I have been in a recovering addict/alcoholic for almost 10 months. THen he had got hurt at work. Lost part of his finger. Was let go. But within a week had another decient job, again making decient money. BUt then the depression hit, the meetings started being missed, started missing work. Then he called me at work one night. He stated he had gotten loaded. My world came crashing down on me. He claims he ha only used once. He choice of drug has been and was this last time Meth. Ugh I hate it. He says he only used 2 lines but yet he was up for 4 days. I have a hard time believing it. Then the paranoia starts in. He went to a meeting the next day and confessed about what he had done. which at that time made me think he was serious about restarting his program. He claimed he wanted to do an outpatient recovery program and start attending meetings everyday. None of which happened. Promised he was gonna go back to work and still hasn't gone. ALthough it's only been a week. I don't know maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know what to do or how to encourage him to get a new program started or to do anything else. I am trying to be supportive and letting him know "ok you screwed up but you can do this you can get over this hill." I feel like I am not doing anything right adn I feel like I am the one to blame. PLease any advice or ideas please give them.