View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Angel,

Expecting him to read your mind is not fair to him. So he is right...tell him how you feel. He sounds like a great guy!

Depression doesn't have to be a lifetime affliction...in time, working a program will help. Today I really don't have any reason to be depressed. I have practiced gratitude for so long that I want for nothing. I have chased away most of the demons, come to terms with my mistakes, made amends the best way I could. I nurture myself so I don't have to wait for someone else to do it for me.

I listen to myself...if I need recovery I come here, If I need activity, I walk or call a friend and make plans. If I need quiet a good book or sitting outside at the end of the day does the trick. If I am feeling down...the answer is inside me...and when I find it I take action, I do the next right thing. Sometimes I need a break from the recovery books and a trashy novel does the trick...

If you are feeling empty...fill yourself up. Expect nothing to come to you...go after it. And when something does land in your lap it will be a gift. Look around and be grateful for what you have. Our focus is skewed by our pasts...but we have the power to change it.

Hugs,
JT