View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
odatrose

hot topics

When the newcomer first comes to AA it is what he or she knows, nothing. After a few meetings it's what we know about staying sober. I've seen alot of ppl pleasing in AA and "clicks" where ppl all think the same because they have been told thats the way were supposed to think. This is a great meeting for ppl to hear the topics in AA that causes the most passion. Like the comments of no relationships in the first year of sobriety, that one has plenty of contraversy. Job or no job in early recovery, some say yes some say no, just recover some say first. There are plenty of things in the litature that gets misunderstood. The point of a hot topic is to help to become open minded. You sit and hear points of experience that other members have stayed sober by using. Every meeting I go to is a good meeting. But it's the meeting with the most diversity, that helps me see outside the box in the book "living sober" in the very front pages the topic of the passage is "open minded" and when I came to AA that was something I knew needed lots of work. There are lots of types of meeting in AA and this is one.

Last edited by odatrose; 11-30-2006 at 02:34 AM.