View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
refreshing34

Originally Posted by MLALOK View Post
Do you have to make that decision right now? Maybe now is the time , for your and your kids' sake, to collect info, research into what all your options realistically are, then you will hopefully be better equipped to make the right decision for all of you, especially you and your children.
I've not been myself, but am thinking about (my AH died recently) going to AL ANON, as people here speak so highly of it. Could you try that?
You sound like a very caring mum, and your heart must be breaking, knowing your kids are suffering.
I don't have to make that decision right now but I feel things are only getting worse. Im not planning to leave right now but in the future I am sure it will come to that unless he gets help.
I am working on plans to leave if it comes to that. I have taken important papers (ss cards, birth certificates, school records ect) to my sisters so I have access to them if I need them in a hurry or I can't get back home to get them. I am working on my resume so I can get a job if I have to leave. I have a family member who knows all that is going on and is behind me and supporting me.

I live in a small town and am in the process of locating Al anon but can't find al ateen in my area. If I move the area I would go to has it close enough to go to but none in my area and thier age doesn't start until 12 but that would help the 2 older ones. I just want to find something here.
I am looking.

Sorry to hear about your AH dying. My heart goes out to you.

I am so thankful for all the advice here. I will find some help for me and my children.