View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jwife22

Okay. I reread my post and it does sound a little harsh and that's the furtherest thing I wanted it to be.

I know its hard to leave an alcoholic/addict because I haven't left my addict yet. I don't have kids and won't have kids unless he stays in recovery for a long time. He's currently clean and working a program. Been clean for a whilenow but the closest I came to leaving him was kicking him out for a little over a week because I didn't allow drug use in our house. He cleaned up after that first day but I still didn't allow him back until he made progressive steps toward starting a program.

I know how hard it is to leave someone you love so much. I just pray that God leads you to the decision that needs to be made, whether it be staying or leaving. We all have to reach the point where we aren't willing to take anymore from our addicts/alcoholics.

I should also add that my dad got clean and sober when I was around 10 or so..he's been sober for about 14 years. I still hold resentment toward him....I guess I'm just overly sensitive about this subject and maybe I shouldn't have replied. I'm sorry for being harsh.

Prayers going up for you (((refreshing))).