View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
refreshing34

I have not attended al-anon. I have been married to AH for almost 15 years. Looking back I see it has always been a problem but the last 3 years is when it has really started affecting our lives. I don't know much about these programs and plan to read alot more but at the moment don't know much. Could you explain al-anon to me?

I never even considered leaving until earlier this year when his drinking started impacting the kids (ages 14, 13, & 7). It hurts me to see how much it affects them but at the same time would it be worse to leave. I weigh this very heavily as I don't want to do the wrong thing.
My AH doesn't respect my daughter and thinks she is stupid. He has been very downgrading to her in the past but has been doing better since I have been telling him how much he is hurting her by the way he was treating her. When he is drunk though he still acts out.

As far as the business goes he is not open to putting me on the business name. I have a hard time letting go of things I have worked so hard for. I relocated my whole life for this business.

Thanks for posting. I really need the advice and also I need help figuring out what to do. It is really hard to make any dicisions as it affects so many.