Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
IrshIzNotSmilin
been searching for the dream

Originally Posted by iceteaplease View Post
Hi,

get the money going toward the bills and kids instead of to bars, I am concerned that living together would prevent AH from facing the true consequences of his drinking,
Thank you so much for your wisdom.

Hi IceTea. I can't answer from me but guess what? My AH when he was married before did this. Yes in the house. Yes with a joint business with his wife he is the A not the ex-wife. They did it. I live in the house now. The house is big and has a separate attic room and she was there when she was not visiting relatives or whatever. She kept very busy. He had to really fend for himself and he would cook for the kids or take them out to eat etc. She did not do the dishes or anything. He had to do it. They did that for a year or more. They did eventually divorce but she had rights to the business space for a few months after. I think if you would benefit financially then you may need to do it. I would personally be too uncomfortable but I understand you have a different situation. I guess the thought would be don't do his laundry, don't cook for him, do for you and your children and I guess that would be a separation. The line I have outlined here makes me wonder? For him to face the consequences of his drinking? Don't do any of this IMO then if you think it will do this. I think an A will do what they are going to do no matter what? Have you consulted with anyone regarding setting up some clear boundaries with what you can and cannot tolerate? Would that be a consideration? Just my thoughts. Irsh