Thread: NoCellPhone....
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nocellphone
Cruelty-Free

Heyyyyyyy, way to keep the focus on you, my li'l Ala-pal... Too much heat in the kitchen for ya?

For the record (as if anyone in their right mind gives a rat's a$$...), I do not own a cell phone, nor am I in any way pro-cell phones. My disdain for cell phones and our culture's addiction to them remains in full force.

Recently, in an effort to either a) get me to quit or b) go out of my frickin' mind, my employers---after much dissent and vigorous protest on my part--forced a company cell phone upon me. Seems that they have some sort of "need" to be able to contact me when I'm not on premises (oddly, the phone has yet to ring, and I'm pretty sure I may be the only one of thirty-odd employees to actually know the number... If they ever do decide to use this electronic dog collar to track me down, they're more than likely gonna hafta go dig out last month's bill in order to do so. By that time, I'll already be there. Really, I just ain't that important)

So the virtually useless device resides in the console of my car, hidden and off--unless I'm checking for messages that no one ever leaves--and leads a very boring life. Eventually, I'll just "accidentally" drop it in a puddle... or the toilet... or through a sewer grating... and be done with the whole thing.

My wife doesn't even have the number. Today, I needed to turn the thing on to find out the number myself.

Thanks for "outing" me, FriendO'Bill, but it's kind of a non-issue.

Oh, and I love you too!