Thread: making choices
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soconfused

Unhappy making choices

Well where do I begin? I was told going to Al-Anon would help me, so I thought I would try this.

I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. Things were going great for a while there and then one day things turned sour. He started drinking more. Became depressed. Wouldnt help with the bills or around the house.

A couple of weeks ago we had decided it would be best if we took a break. I was going to move out and get my own place. (Actually move into a new place with my mom).

Last Sunday my boyfriend came home and had been drinking all day. I asked him to please leave and find another place to stay that night. (Usually after a night of drinking he likes to pick fights). To make a long story short, he ended up getting very mad with me and hit me. I called the police. He was arrested and is now in a drug and alcohol addiction hospital awaiting his trial.

I love him so much. I want him to get the help he needs. I realize I need to help myself also. This was the first time he had ever hit me. He would always just verbally fight with me after drinking. He realizes he has a problem and needs help.

My family wants nothing to do with him and do not understand that I still care and have feelings for him. I want to support him and help him. As well as help myself.

I need support from someone.