Thread: Freaking out
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 11:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aliveagain

Originally Posted by prodigal
Do you have any fear that he will become physically violent towards you? He is already harassing you via email and phone calls. You have the proof of this. Restraining orders can work wonders to get someone like this to back off.

I'm not sure of the past history of your relationship. Did he cause scenes in public? Did he get drunk and disorderly? Did he threaten you?
Unfortunately the answer to all of your questions is yes. He has threatened me and my family during his drunken binges (this is what they don't know). he's has followed through with them on me, but never on my family. I always had this love/pity/fear complex that stopped me from calling the law on him. I am out of the situation now, but I am scared because he is so unstable.

I am a should-da, could-da, would-da kind of girl and I have a strong tendency to get my self so worked up over what might happen that I can't see things clearly. Because I get myself so worked up in advance, I have trouble recognizing when there is a real danger (hence no calls to 911 and no restraining order). What it boils down to is I am scared silly, but I don't know whether I should be or not and am now making myself sick over it. I am so tired of being this messed up!