Old 11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Lollipop...I can't imagine anyone at Sober Recovery flaming you...I've only seen empathy, caring, and support here...which is what has been extended to Indigo by many of us on several previous threads...

My Sponsor Thinks He's a Psychiatrist
Response:
As long as you are being treated by a physician and or psychiatrist who knows your background and understands alcoholism/addiction, take your meds as prescribed...use, do not abuse...don't drink/drug, and make meetings.

Oh, and get yourself a new sponsor!
----------------------------------------------
Now My Sponsor's Sponsor Thinks He's a Psychiatrist
Response:
You really should find yourself another sponsor (even a temporary one), stay away from either of these guys, find other meetings where you won't be running into them...above all, don't drink; but, stay on your meds until your doctor weans you off of them!
------------------------------------------

Indigo...I don't doubt that your sponsor and his sponsor believe what they are saying...I'm sure they have your best interests at heart. But, as has already been agreed upon elsewhere, neither of them is a doctor/psychiatrist. They aren't qualified to give you medical advice.

Fortunately, you are sober enough to realize this, and will continue to take your meds as prescribed by your doctor. Just don't drink!

I hope, since you're stuck there anyway, you'll be able to get some good out of being at the AA Round-Up.