Old 11-18-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IndigoNA

HELP! I'm stuck in an AA Round-Up and the Prozac BS continues!

So I'm here in an AA Round up with my Sponsor and his Sponsor. My sponsor asked me why I moved my leg all the time, then I said it was anxiety. So then they started with the "Prozac" story all over again.

My sponsor asked me what helped me most Prozac or the Serenity Prayer and I said Prozac. Then his Sponsor started saying that he had some Valiums in the car that I could combine with the Prozacs. I then told them that I didn't want to talk about the subject anymore.

His sponsor then started to talk about God, to leave everything up to him. I knew what he was trying to say, leave everything to God and then stop the Prozac. He didn't say that, but I know his intention. He kept saying that he wasn't talking about Prozac, but I kept telling him that I didn't want to talk about it.

If he's telling me to leave everything to God, he is clearly saying that I should leave everything to God and that he will take my anxiety away so I won't need my pills? Don't you guys agree?

Well I kept saying that I didn't want to talk about it and he said that he was talking only about God. He got pissed off and we left were we where.

We came back to the hotel, now my Sponsor wanted to talk to me. He tells me that he wants to talk about God, I said OK, but I wanted to clear up the situation. That I didn't feel that it was right that he kept talking about that because I knew were he was going. He then said that if I kept bringing it up I felt insecure about it, I told him that I didn't that it just bothered me that they kept bringing it up. He kept saying that I felt insecure about it and that I was bringing it up, I got pissed off and didn't stop talking about it, and got really obsessive about it...

He asked me who brought it up? And I said you did, you asked me why I moved my feet all the time and then asked me if the Serenity Prayer or Prozac helped me the most. So I got pissed off and didn't stop arguing about the same thing over and over. He then stood up and left.

So I'm here in some other town with a bunch of AA people. I don't feel welcomed really, I feel like an outsider. My two "friends" who I'm with are pissed off at, so it's REALLY uncomfortable, right now I'm in the lobby, thank God they have WiFi so I have something to do.

What should I do now?