View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IrshIzNotSmilin
been searching for the dream

Letting Go and Letting God

I am very very new to al-anon and am enjoying the daily postings and topics and feedback. It does help more than I thought it would. Oh stubborn one...me. I used to think of this statement as trite. Not important to anyones recovery and now I realize. It is VERY hard at first and I am still wrapping myself around it but I feel better. I can do it now. It is all baby steps. I was in CoDa years ago and I just now understand the concepts of the 12 steps, but could not wrap myself around it at 25 now at 43 I can. Time is a great healer.

I am ok today and today has started over the past few weeks to be AH's drink nite out. He has drink nites in too but I have trouble dealing with the out. There had been anxiety, that passed somewhat not the overwhelming panic kind just an eye twitch today. so I guess that is progress. I was angry, that is better, I feel less resentment. I would have liked to have gone to a f2f meeting tonite but unfortunately tonite was a work related meeting so had to go. Yet, here i am alone and I feel some anticipatory anxiety about AH coming home because I hate the over drinking respiration, smell, and subsequent snoring so I plan to try to go to sleep but wanted to post and this is basically a kind of purge of the day for me. I needed to post it. Thank you for taking the time. You are all a great help. Your helping me stop the madness. Good Nite.