Letting Go and Letting God

Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Letting Go and Letting God

I am very very new to al-anon and am enjoying the daily postings and topics and feedback. It does help more than I thought it would. Oh stubborn one...me. I used to think of this statement as trite. Not important to anyones recovery and now I realize. It is VERY hard at first and I am still wrapping myself around it but I feel better. I can do it now. It is all baby steps. I was in CoDa years ago and I just now understand the concepts of the 12 steps, but could not wrap myself around it at 25 now at 43 I can. Time is a great healer.

I am ok today and today has started over the past few weeks to be AH's drink nite out. He has drink nites in too but I have trouble dealing with the out. There had been anxiety, that passed somewhat not the overwhelming panic kind just an eye twitch today. so I guess that is progress. I was angry, that is better, I feel less resentment. I would have liked to have gone to a f2f meeting tonite but unfortunately tonite was a work related meeting so had to go. Yet, here i am alone and I feel some anticipatory anxiety about AH coming home because I hate the over drinking respiration, smell, and subsequent snoring so I plan to try to go to sleep but wanted to post and this is basically a kind of purge of the day for me. I needed to post it. Thank you for taking the time. You are all a great help. Your helping me stop the madness. Good Nite.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi Irsh.
I'm glad you can let it all out and share your feelings here:it really does help. You mentioned 'baby steps' and that's how I see my progress over the years as well. The good thing is that those baby steps may be slower and take longer but still take us to a better place. I am so happy to hear of your progress.
Keep coming back!!
cmc
Old 11-14-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

irsh!!!!
good evening, irsh. and it can be a good evening cause you are working on it being a good evening.

i personally know many women who have chose to stay with their ah, and are much more happy by attending al-anon and learning to take care of themselves and not worrying so much about their mates.

they still face many challenges that alcoholism brings but are so much more contented with their new found skills for making their lives better.

you are so right about the baby steps....my steps were itty-bitty, teeny-weeny baby steps.....took me forever to make up one respectable baby step....but i kept plugging away and now i've gone maybe......MAYBE.....a whole foot. lol

hang in there, irsh, and keep focusing on yourself.

blessings
jeri
Old 11-15-2006, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((irish))))...

I'm glad to hear things are getting better. One step at a time is the way... Good for you!

Hugs,
Shannon
Old 11-15-2006, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

irish
There had been anxiety, that passed somewhat not the overwhelming panic kind just an eye twitch today. so I guess that is progress.
you bet... as was mentioned by jeri, sounds like a foot to me!

now irish, keep on the good foot...

good wishes to you...

xxoo, rz
Old 11-15-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

but could not wrap myself around it at 25 now at 43 I can.
we're ready when we're ready - i take baby "stumbles" myself. LOL i think you're doing great!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Doesn't it feel so good to progress, even a little. We need that. And, it helps to fuel me to keep going.
Yes, I liked the stumbled steps!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Hey everyone thanks since today we are having a struggle. unfortunately but I don't feel I am going backwards just stuck. Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts.