View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kcathometaz

Salvation Army Rehab?

I am living in Virginia at the present time with my mother. I am a recovering alcoholic and I was evicted from my house in Kansas in 2004. I cannot find a job here and I hate the mountains and the cold. I do not want to stay here. I have talked to the Salvation Army people in Jacksonville Florida about going in to their mens alcohol treatment center there for 8 or 9 months.
Does anyone know about this place? From what they tell me its a good place however you have to work in their stores for your room and board and this gives you no chance to find a job. I am not lazy or anything I just need a fresh start and I thought Florida might be a good place to get a fresh start on life. I have some telemarketing and aircraft assembly experience and I can do alot of things...I am fearful however..I have a car and some other stuff....my computer, tools etc. I just need a chance and no one around here will hire me...I am very depressed and I want out of here....any input would be appreciated...esepcially about the Salvation Armys' program...
I am just a bit apprehensive of having to work for nothing...what do I do if I need something they can't provide?...I am a bit nervous about it but I have to do something...