View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
deltamist58

Trouble Accepting

My husband drinks 1/2 gallon of wine in 2-3 hours. I think he is considered a binge drinker since he does it 2-3 times per week.
The other day we were to go to dinner and I asked him nicely if he could just drink half the bottle instead of the whole thing. He put his arms around me and said he would. Turned out he drank the whole bottle.
I asked him that evening why he told me he would do as I had asked. He said he wanted to get me off his back in a very nasty way. At that time I told him I don't care anymore. If he wants to destroy himself, I would help him, that he can drink as much as he wants and I will give him the money to do it.
When he drinks he gets very bossy and noticed he is having blackouts. He doesn't remember things we did the next day. He also stumbles and falls.
In my mind now I think of him as being terminally ill. Got to the point now if he wants to destroy himself, hope it won't take too long.
I can't afford to leave. I am 62 and have to much invested in this marriage.
He is a very miserable angry person. Claims it has to do with his miserable childhood.
Tells me he likes to drink because it helps him relax
I sometimes feel I don't have the strength to continue with this.
So glad to have found this group.