Old 08-03-2003, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lilya

Dear Tammie,

I know what you mean when you talk about anorexia and bulimia in connection with those meds. I posted an answer in the Food disorder forum tonight about negative remarks about body image. Please read it, then you see what I mean. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the handsome man clearly showed when he gave the heavy woman all the compliments.

I think this skinnyness today is not healthy and it´s certainly not beautiful. Its the sign of the times. Also, I see interviews of the fashion kings who rule women´s look and body image on Paris TV all the time. Don´t misunderstand me, I think most of them are great artists. But they like androgyne women, boyish women with no curves. Do we want to be governed by a handful of men who all have the same taste?

Regarding the meds, sometimes you have to change brands for them to be fully effective. Talk it over with your doc. Sometimes the meds we´ve been on for years stop to be effective and then it´s time to change. My brother is a doctor and explained this to me.

Get a couple of these Bergman movies and I bet you´ll feel different.

My thoughts are with you. Let me know how you feel.

Kisses, as we say in France.

Use adversity