View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
michski

Thumbs up

Welcome! As Carol said it's great to see a new member reaching out for help. I also used AA to get my life in order.

What you've done is to "switch seats on The Titanic" meaning changing addictions. Doesn't matter which addiction it is the ship is still going down.

Congratulations on beating your addiction to crystal meth.. that ain't easy. I started early with meth, then switched to cocaine and added booze. When I quit cocaine my booze consumption went sky high and I began using crank again. When I quit the crank I became a total fall down drunk.

You can beat this addiction. It's great that you see it for what it is. Your kids deserve a clean/sober mom... sounds to me like they really want one!

My parents were meth addicts. Every single one of their 4 kids became meth addicts and more. I've lost a sister to Hep C and a neice to overdose. My nephews are still using/drinking. My other sister and brother and myself are all in recovery. It's tough being the kids of an addict and alcholic. The rooms of Sober Recovery are filled with them, trying desperately to straighten their lives out and learning to live a happy life.

Please stick around and let us know how you're doing!!