View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Midnightfrost

Originally Posted by TexasGirl
I also understand this. I have been going out with friends, but I find myself not even wanting to go down this road of the 'dating scene.' I am not "available" yet, but even just being out talking to people overwhelms me. And then I listen to my friends talk about all of their drama with their boyfriends, and I think to myself that I can't imagine being back in that world again. My world, although clearly difficult, had come to some point of consistency. I've had a few guys ask me to go to dinner or something, but it all just seems so hard...I don't know if I have it in me to go through all of the dating crap again!!!
same here! The whole idea of dating is overwhelming and scary! I watch friends go on dates and fall into relationships and it totally mystifies me! Things just don't seem that easy for me. I'm terrified of ending up in another dysfunctional relationship. When I do go on dates as soon as things start getting intimate I want to run usually I back off as soon as they start to show interest! I don't know how to get to know someone drama free. With my ex Abf we bonded over drama. Crazy family, crazy friends. . . . the highs and the lows. I don't know how a "normal" relationship progresses. Always guessing at things. Is this too intense. Are things moving too quickly? I want to move slowly. I want to get to know someone. Aggg!