View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Aquiana

I think what bothers me so much about this situation is I see alot of my past mistakes in this girl. The drinking, cutting classes, missing work and trouble with the law even. The big difference being that I always had my mom in the background telling me it was wrong and that the mistakes were going to ruin my life. She came from a family of alcoholics and had much to say about what alcohol could do to a life. One day I finally got what she was saying. I feel sad for this girl because I wonder where I would have been without someone warning me about what I was doing. She is a very intelligent and attractive girl. I'd hate to see her spoil her future. My actions at her age have alot to do with why I am where I am today.

I realize my son is going to be a teenager one day. If I could keep him a baby I would. I would hope that even if it appears that he doesn't listen to a word I say, that at least I'd be the voice in the background. I don't really think there's anything wrong with a beer at a supervised gathering or a glass of wine with Christmas dinner but to me that's a far cry from giving him booze to get hammered on the weekends.