View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rose56

((((((((((comewhtmay)))))))))))))
Welcome. This site has been a lifesaver for me over the past year or so. These folks really know what is going on in an alcoholic situation. They know the score and they care about you. Keep coming here for support, to vent, to find answers.

I also have an alcoholic husband and I also often wonder where is God in all of this? I have prayed, pleaded, and made bargins with God. I felt I wasn't being heard and this caused me to feel deeply sad. But I agree with Curly, when I started to accept, and let go of my husband I felt more peaceful. I felt God speaking to me not about hubby, but about me. Areas I should work on, things in my life that need attention. Believe me it is not easy and I have to come back to this acceptance again and again. I often get wrapped up in the "situation" and get off center. Then I have to come back to me, what do I need to do for me? Please know that your God would never abandon you, he is right there with gentle words and guidance. COme back here and read the stickies. This is truely a place of healing.