Thread: Back at it.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
earlybird

Originally Posted by **** ma
Hi everyone. I had a glass of wine the other night, and a beer after my softball game. I wouldn't classify it as a slip...it was fully planned. I never understood the term "slip" anyway. It makes it sound like you accidentally let some booze in your mouth. I know that drinking in moderation has been proven to fail time and time and time and time again, but I have to give it another whirl. So I wish you all the best. Maybe I will be on sometime in the future if/when it gets to be totally out of control.

Best wishes.
Katie

What makes you think that you can drink in moderation as normal drinkers do? That means drink to have a good time, never thinking or having to think that its a problem. If you are alcoholic,.....you will lose things you care about over and over again as your addiction progresses. And it will progress. You arent different than AAAAAAAAAALL the rest of the alcoholics in the world. You havent found the cure. So why do this to yourself? Why let your family members down? Why let your friends down? Significant others? YOURSELF?? Why???? Going back to drinking will most definitely let those who care about you down, whether you seem to do it successfully or not. In their eyes, you have an alcohol problem. You throwing in the towel and drinking again only makes them look down and shake their heads in disbelief that you would do this again. And justifying it or telling them you have cured it only makes them shake their heads more. You'll be back,....or more sadly.......maybe you wont.....