Notices

Back at it.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at it.

Hi everyone. I had a glass of wine the other night, and a beer after my softball game. I wouldn't classify it as a slip...it was fully planned. I never understood the term "slip" anyway. It makes it sound like you accidentally let some booze in your mouth. I know that drinking in moderation has been proven to fail time and time and time and time again, but I have to give it another whirl. So I wish you all the best. Maybe I will be on sometime in the future if/when it gets to be totally out of control.

Best wishes.
Katie
Old 10-25-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by **** ma
Hi everyone. I had a glass of wine the other night, and a beer after my softball game. I wouldn't classify it as a slip...it was fully planned. I never understood the term "slip" anyway. It makes it sound like you accidentally let some booze in your mouth. I know that drinking in moderation has been proven to fail time and time and time and time again, but I have to give it another whirl. So I wish you all the best. Maybe I will be on sometime in the future if/when it gets to be totally out of control.

Best wishes.
Katie

What makes you think that you can drink in moderation as normal drinkers do? That means drink to have a good time, never thinking or having to think that its a problem. If you are alcoholic,.....you will lose things you care about over and over again as your addiction progresses. And it will progress. You arent different than AAAAAAAAAALL the rest of the alcoholics in the world. You havent found the cure. So why do this to yourself? Why let your family members down? Why let your friends down? Significant others? YOURSELF?? Why???? Going back to drinking will most definitely let those who care about you down, whether you seem to do it successfully or not. In their eyes, you have an alcohol problem. You throwing in the towel and drinking again only makes them look down and shake their heads in disbelief that you would do this again. And justifying it or telling them you have cured it only makes them shake their heads more. You'll be back,....or more sadly.......maybe you wont.....
Old 10-25-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I certainly wouldn't go at it with the the belief that moderation fails time and time again. If you truly think that you're not alcoholic then it shouldn't be a problem. If you are an alcoholic it will continue to get more difficult to stop in the future. I hope for your sake that you're not an alcoholic - just someone who drank too much for a period of her life.

But always remember that you're welcome here no matter what. Glad to have you for the time you were here.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

It is sad that you took the drink but one thing is for sure you don't have to continue down that vicious cycle. There is a solution, hope that you make a choice to not let it take you all the way down. I know that I have relapsed but I dust myself off and do it again.

Love Vic
Old 10-25-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Katie
Old 10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
Well I certainly wouldn't go at it with the the belief that moderation fails time and time again. If you truly think that you're not alcoholic then it shouldn't be a problem. If you are an alcoholic it will continue to get more difficult to stop in the future. I hope for your sake that you're not an alcoholic - just someone who drank too much for a period of her life.

But always remember that you're welcome here no matter what. Glad to have you for the time you were here.

Moderation DOES fail time and time again. Normal drinkers who begin to fail in drinking moderately, have crossed the line into alcoholism. Normal social drinkers are considered normal social drinkers because they drink moderately. So,...yes,...if alcohol has caused you problems in the past,....you will fail at drinking moderately. You cannot drink in moderation if you an alcoholic simply because you are "trying" to do so yet again. Nothing changes,....if nothing changes.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Katie, I'm sorry to hear that you made the choice to drink again. Just know that we're here when/if you want or need us. I hope to see you again..........

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Katie...I wish you health and harmony
Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

**** Ma,

I too send you wishes for a healthy happy life.

And, what C'est la Vie said, I agree with.

You are the only one who can decide if you are or are not an alcoholic, contrary to the desire on the part of others to come to certain conclusions on your behalf. You may have gone through a phase of drinking too much, as is described in the BB, and perhaps you will not return to that place again. For your sake, I hope that is the case.

If you discover that you are crossing the line, if your mind is not free of thoughts of drinking, or if you just miss us, please know that we will always welcome you around here!!!

Open arms, open hearts!

For you
Old 10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was still partying and denying in my 20's and it got worse and worse.. I know if your determined to drink, you will however just wanted to remind you of your first post.

"Hi. I am going on day 3 without a drink, and I am craving bread like I never have before. I am 25 and have been drinking for 10 years, 4 of which were nasty. I am committed to quiting after I realized alcohol has completely hijacked my life. I went to college and graduated Magna *** Laude and am doing nothing now that I have graduated. My drinking increased 10 fold, so I can't wait to get my life back on track. Does anyone have any suggestions to fight the bread craving? Now that I have quit, I have started to exercise and am determined to lose some (a little) weight and be healthy."

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We'll miss you! You've been a friend to many, including me!
Best of luck!