View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bamagirl559

BTW, I never called other specific names, but that lost post was in response to the last few posts to me.

kywoman- You are right about making my whole family pay for his drug addiction. They don't deserve that. I know that. I tell myself that everytime I think about this. My mom and dad tell me this everytime we talk about it. But knowing and applying are 2 different things. I am working on that though. I do want to learn the difference between love and support and enabling. I want advice on that now, since it is going to take me a few days to locate some meetings to get to myself and work it around my college schedule as classes are at night. If you have any quick advice on that topic, feel free to continue to share.

prodigal-AGain, you sound like my good ole level head, straight shootin dad when you "lecture" like that. In so many not so nice words, he has said the exact same thing to me. I did feel a little like "well stupid me" after reading your last two responses. But the piont is very well taken and I am thankful for the honesty.