View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bamagirl559

Thank you for your reply. I am here for honesty because I don't want my life ruined over something he chooses not to help himself over. I feel so bad that he is staying at his mother's house because he and his step father do not get along. He pretty much just sits in his room all day to stay out of the way like an abused child. But then agian, I have think that he knew at some point what the consequences were going to be. And he's living that now. I just want to make sure that I am #1-not being too hard on him or unfair because I do not know about this drug (crack cocaine) #2-not being an enabler by sticking around to the point that I am much less deciding to let him come back and #3-make sure that this is something that can be beat if he chooses to do so. I don't know what the odds are for recovering from crack cocaine use. Like I said, this is a whole new world to me.

I acknowledge that my parents are enablers. They have been enablers for me in many ways through my life. But in the end, they are so loving and supportive. There are times that I do want to tell them they can offer advice but to actually step in a physically contribute to me needs to stop. Then there are other times like right now, when I wouldn't have a dime to my name if they didn't. I don't know where the line is with that. They haven't always been that way. After my divorce, I ran up lots of credit card debt trying to maintain the same lifestyle I had while married. In the end, I had to file bankruptcy and ever since then, my dad has been involved in my personal finances. I am grateful for that because if it hadn't have been for his advice through the past couple of years, I would be worse off than I am now. But I agree, sometimes it's too much.

Thank you for your honest reply. I need that.