Thread: 12 steps!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
splithead

12 steps!!!

hello my name is will and im an alcoholic and addict. ive been clean for seven days now and for that im very thankful. i have a question that i hope you guys will help me with. ive been attending aa and na meeting at least 1 a day, so far ive been to 4 na meetings and 4 aa meetings. the na meetings were discussion meetings and we didnt talk about the 12 steps yet. 2 of the aa meetings were lunch/speaker meetings and 1 was a brekfast discussion and the other was a 12 study meeting and since i was the newest member there they decided to just cover the 1st 3 steps only at that time. now i know im powerless over alcohol and drugs and that my life is completely unmanagable. this is a fact. i also believe that it will take a power greater than myself to restore me to sanity and with out the help of that power i will use again. and ive have made the decision to turn my life and my will over to that power and let it guide me so that i may stay clean. my question is about the 4th step, about taking a fearless and moral inventory of myself. im not sure what that means and i was hoping that many of you who have already been there and done that could give me a bit of insight. understand that i havent yet had the oppurtunity to ask about this in a meeting yet, mostly i just listen and i have a big book, and im reading it but i havent got that far yet. just wanted to see what you guys may have to say on the subject. thanks!!!!