View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Dvandjc welcome to SR. You have found a great place to share, with lots and lots of ES&H here!!!!!!!

As to your mother. If she too is in California, please call Adult Protection Services. They will send out a 'case worker' usually a certified licensed social worker to do an "evaluation" of her situation and see her physical condition. Then if necessary they will take it further, and get her help whether she wants it or not under the guise of "being a danger to herself." Many are under the assumption that Adult Protection Services is just for the elderly, NOT. They are there to assist with any adult that is unable to adequately care for themselves.

I might also suggest that you find some Al-anon meetings for yourself, they will help immensely!!!!!

After I had been sober for 3 years my sponsor strongly suggested I also attend Al-anon to deal with the alcoholics in my life......my husband who though sober was still exhibiting alkie behavior, my dad, others in the AA program that I was sponsoring, etc. Al-anon helped me a great deal in learning how to change my actions and reactions.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much!!!!

Love and hugs,