View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 04:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Parent

I used to cry at the drop of a hat because my emotions were all over the place and totally unacknowledged and unattended by me.

When I started here, I also went numb for a while because I needed all my strength to just learn and do things that were new to me. I didn't dare feel anything because that would also allow the pain to come through and I couldn't bear that.

I learned, through this program, to feel my feelings, acknowledge them and learn from them, but not to wallow in them. And I learned to laugh when I hadn't laughed for such a long time.

I still cry. Sometimes something I read here just touches my heart, and sometimes I am sad and just find that crying can take that lump our of my throat and wash away the sorrow.

I believe that MG calls this "working through the pain", and it is something we all need to do to get past it and move forward to a more beautiful life.

Be patient with yourself and know that as you let go of the pain and the past, the future will unfold more beautiful than ever and our emotions will become more appropriate and healthier.

Hugs
Ann