View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
blizzard77

I agree with laurie it his his decision to make. My AH got addicted to pain pills while waiting tables in a resturant. He was already an A.
He went to rehab, has been clean 9months and is back waiting tables at a higher class resturant. He says serving the booze dosen't bother him. But the other day he came home and said "I knew it was going to happen sooner or later." I said "what happend'? He said " another waiter approched me and asked if I wanted to buy some vicodin." His reply " I just went through 30 days of rehab..please don't approach me again."
This guy was very respectful and has not said a word to him since.
Serving alcohol don't bother him but he admits the feeling of temptation is there when it comes to the pills.
I would like to see him find another job yesterday but it's not up to me. He knows whats best for him and his recovery and if he is truly serious about not using again he will A-fight the temptation or B-find a new job. I'm not worried, he's the one who should be worried. It's amazing to me that the resturant business is full of pill pushers, pot dealers etc. Not a good place for a recovering addict to work IMHO.