View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
corvettte_angel
Paused

Hello--

Welcome!! I love your name!!

I also am the daughter of an alcolholic, so I think we can relate a little. Unfortunately, mine is still drinking although he "quit." Grrr.

You are NOT crazy. After you realize that things might be a little clearer. It probably wouldn't hurt to stay out of the dating scene for awhile and really look around for the next guy. Get to know him really well before consenting to an actual date. If alcohol is in the picture then keep moving on. I like Gabe's advice-be particular, you have the right to be choosy!! Go ahead and look for the perfect guy, you deserve it!!

If he is working the program, it is possible that he may clean up his act, and you may even get an apology somewhere. Even if he does clean up, I would leave this one alone. If work is getting to stressful, you may want to consider looking around for another job, its up to you.

I would recommend also, checking into some of the books.
Welcome again, glad to have you with us. You may also want to check out the Adult Children of Alcoholics board. It doesn't get as many posts, but Just Tired posts some great quotes and stuff.
Love you tons!

--Ă…ngel