View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lifelovelaffter
Paused

Am I really crazy, or is he?

Hello everyone! I just discovered this site today, and love it, already!
My dad was an alcoholic, but stopped drinking when I was about 13. Before that, he made our lives MISERABLE! My brother is an alcoholic, and my ex husband is a severe one.
I am SO confused about why I keep seeking out the men that drink. I met what I thought was a wonderful man at my new job, and we had been dating just a short time when he asked me to marry him. I knew he drank beer, but he was very rigid about when he drank, which was Friday after work, and on Saturdays. The first 2 weekends that I dated him, he was ok, but did drink. He was a smiling, funny drunk, not a mean one, like my dad always was. I thought, ok, I can handle this, he owns his own business, and just needs to let off steam on the wkends.Well, the 3rd weekend, was a total shock to me. OMG. he turned into a total monster, and called me every name in the book, and accused me of all types of weird stuff, even giving him a sexual disease, and stealing his salad at lunch that day. I have never seen this type of behavior before, not even with my dad, OR my ex hubby.
Can ANYONE explain what is going on with this man? Like my title says, is he crazy, or am I?
He is blaming this ALL on me, and gave me some stupid reason for it being all my fault.
I REALLY did start caring for the guy, and he is wonderful when not drunk. Right now, he is in the AA program, has been since I split with him. He now says his sponsor says to stay away from me, that he has to forget I ever existed. I work in the office next to his office, and see him everyday.
WHAT is going on? I feel like I am going crazy, and have become quite depressed over the whole thing.