View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OnceNice

Have to say this on my 35 day

Okay, everyone. I've been posting on here since November I think of 2005. Today is like day 35 or something for me.

Do I feel like a drink h#ll yeah. Do I wish I could drink h#ll yeah, but I'll tell ya something. Nothing makes me feel better than when I post on here and I get supportive feedback. I can tell those who have empathy for me and remember where I am at at this moment. When others on here can see those who are new (including myself even thought I've been on here for almost a year) and still using and/or driniking and remember and offer support w/o sarcasm. Those who use humour and kindness and ears. What a great way to help. Some of us on here have had some really lousy lives. Parents who hate us, children who disappoint us, partners who verbally abuse and physcially hurt us. All of us have a reason why we ran to our so called medication. Whether it be the bottle, the pills, or the needle. Some have had accidents and took medication only to find themself addicted. Some have had violance only to find that sometimes people just wanted them to "Get Over" so they turned to the only thing they could to forget.

I love the fact that their are so many people on here that care.

When I first came here, I was very worried about the sarcasm and the tough love, and the "truth that hurts deal with it" syndrome. I believe that works for some and I believe some are searching for some comfort because they never had it and need to be heard. Need to have someone understand.

Everyone here, from what I have been told, has the same thing as me-- addiction. Its a great big Byotch. Its on my mind all the time. emotions and opinons come after me faster than flies on the big brown droppings of all species. But all I know is that I have 35 days. Everyday I wonder when I will slip.

I have no idea the point I'm trying to make. I think I what I really want to say is.

Thank you. I don't really know how to do any special pictures or colors or giant lettering. I can click on the smileys. I'm not that dumb, but that's only cause they are right next to wher I'm typing.

Anyway for every post that I received. Ones that ticked me off, ones that made me cry, ones that reached out, I believe were all showing me support in some way, I thank you all. Now I've been wanting to use this smiley because I think its gross and I need to get it out of my system.

"Dig It" Everyone.