Notices

Have to say this on my 35 day

Old 09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have to say this on my 35 day

Okay, everyone. I've been posting on here since November I think of 2005. Today is like day 35 or something for me.

Do I feel like a drink h#ll yeah. Do I wish I could drink h#ll yeah, but I'll tell ya something. Nothing makes me feel better than when I post on here and I get supportive feedback. I can tell those who have empathy for me and remember where I am at at this moment. When others on here can see those who are new (including myself even thought I've been on here for almost a year) and still using and/or driniking and remember and offer support w/o sarcasm. Those who use humour and kindness and ears. What a great way to help. Some of us on here have had some really lousy lives. Parents who hate us, children who disappoint us, partners who verbally abuse and physcially hurt us. All of us have a reason why we ran to our so called medication. Whether it be the bottle, the pills, or the needle. Some have had accidents and took medication only to find themself addicted. Some have had violance only to find that sometimes people just wanted them to "Get Over" so they turned to the only thing they could to forget.

I love the fact that their are so many people on here that care.

When I first came here, I was very worried about the sarcasm and the tough love, and the "truth that hurts deal with it" syndrome. I believe that works for some and I believe some are searching for some comfort because they never had it and need to be heard. Need to have someone understand.

Everyone here, from what I have been told, has the same thing as me-- addiction. Its a great big Byotch. Its on my mind all the time. emotions and opinons come after me faster than flies on the big brown droppings of all species. But all I know is that I have 35 days. Everyday I wonder when I will slip.

I have no idea the point I'm trying to make. I think I what I really want to say is.

Thank you. I don't really know how to do any special pictures or colors or giant lettering. I can click on the smileys. I'm not that dumb, but that's only cause they are right next to wher I'm typing.

Anyway for every post that I received. Ones that ticked me off, ones that made me cry, ones that reached out, I believe were all showing me support in some way, I thank you all. Now I've been wanting to use this smiley because I think its gross and I need to get it out of my system.

"Dig It" Everyone.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Rose
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

for some reason the nose picking smiley doesn't come up for me...every time I press it itr comes up a glich I guess
Old 09-26-2006, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

How to highlight

1. left click on your mouse and move it over any area of type it will appear blue.

2. When done high lighting what you want let off of the mouse

3. Click on the A underline black thing up there next to the smile and it gives you colors.

4. Click on the color that you want

5. If you want another size then click on the sizes and click which one you want.

Rose I didn't even run a computer before i got here. I have just played around with it, and I have asked questions. No question is a stupid question unless it comes from me

I almost made a poll today asking how many people feel that they belong here and how many don't. I am in the spot today where I am really depressed. Don't know why, I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe because yesterday I had 4 months clean and I wanted to state that I was happy to be clean for so long again, but hoping that someone might have recognized it. NOPE it is like I feel as if it should have been about me yesterday. I didn't even say it at the meeting yesterday. I have been there and done that, I have been there and done a year. It is almost like I don't even care. But that isn't true. I do care. And I care about you too.

What you posted made a lot of sense to me, but then again who am I. Just another junkie trying to stay clean for today.

Love Vic
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Vic, you are one of my inspirations. I don't look at you as a junkie. You are Vic, and I am Rose.

Splendra, why are you sorry. I just wanted to thank everyone. No need to apologize to me. I admire your sobriety. Wish I had it.

Now, here is something that will make you all laugh. I do this at work. I'm a secretary for gosh sakes. See all the mistakes in my posts. Ha. I can't help it. I have to type really fast and click the bottom before the attorney comes by. (was suppose to be button, not bottom i stink)

Have a gread day all and thanks.
I did it Vic. Ha. Color
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Rose))))

that made me laugh!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rose...thanks for this post! You are always a bright spot to my day. Love your bluntness, your insight and most of all your humor! You can make me laugh when I don't even feel like smiling!

You Rock!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

read splendra's again silly rose....

Thanks for the beautiful post Rose...you have a way with words....

Vic I was thinking you were 4 months on the 27 th but I am never really sure about my date ....I hope you know that I am proud of you .....when i realized I was coming up on 4 months I thought of you ...cause I knew we were close...but again..I do not like to count for myself...jinx me...

I think you are both amazing and I have alot of love for both of you ....

~B
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Lets see I copied that from a email. I like the shake then I went to image shack hosting and resized it to fit message boards and clicked host it. Then I clicked on the link below the show one and copied it then I came here and clicked on the yellow mountain appearing thing which is insert image. Then I typed the instructions. Now this picture will probably disapear for it isn't very nice. Like ONCENICE IS so if you want to save it on you computer then right click on the picture and then go down till you see save as and left click on it the click OK.

sorry had to do it to make me Um cya
Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Splendra can't pick her nose, splendra can't pick her nose. Neener neener neener.

I can pick my nose.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Vic's gota big ole butt, Oh year, Rose gotta big ole butt or yeah.

Anyone remember that song about big ole butts. Never mind. I'm a dork.

If you are bored look up the word dork. I was amazed to find out what I've been calling people. And yes there is a definition for it besides a nerd.

I'm in a weird mood today.

I like everyone. Ha. I never like anyone. But today I'm nice. Hmm. Did I drink? No, but i"m acting like it did. Happy? Hmmm.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you Rose...
and Vic too!
I love to see this sobriety thing working!

I really dig it!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ha Ha Ha! I'm more concerned about being CALLED a dork....my kids favorite term of endearment (?????)
Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

doing the butt...yeahh.sexy ...sexy...
Old 09-26-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OnceNice,

that is very good, I am happy to see you are doing so well, so whatever happened with your job, are things going better with it?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

AWWW, ROSE.......

You made me get all teary this morning! I am so happy to see you still plugging away, and doing so much better than waaaaaay back in November. Really, you ARE inspiring!

Thank you,
Jane
Old 09-26-2006, 08:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Work is a long story, but I still have a job, so all is good.

Work sometimes is not fair, much like a lot of things.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

True that ....
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnceNice
Work is a long story, but I still have a job, so all is good.

Work sometimes is not fair, much like a lot of things.

That is good, just remember sometimes work is not fair and also at least you have a job, I am unemployed at the current moment, hopefully will get a job soon, probably best for me to wait til December when I can drive again.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck on the job hunting, NTBESober. I know I should be thankful, but most of the time I'm not. Hence the name OnceNice. I was smarter when I was a kid. Growing up is a drag, wish we could have started old and got young.