View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
chip

Hey Steve,
I have a shop as well, and it's where I go to have some "me" time.

My sponser tells me I shouldn't engage in the fights with her. I've got to get better at it.

Once when I went out to the shop to get away from her anger, she actually followed me outside. I begged her to leave me alone, but she kept screaming at me and calling me a loser.

We've made boundary rules since then. We don't ever fight in the bedroom. If she goes to the office, I leave her alone. If I go to my shop, she leaves me alone.

This is all pretty dark stuff. I do love the gal, and we are best friends. All this stuff we talk about is fine, but for me divorce isn't an option. I refuse to put my sons through it. I'll get a lobodomy first....

There are times where I feel like I deserve to have a woman who is nice to me. I remind myself why I ended up with my wife, and how my bad decisions affect others. I've built a family with this gal, and it was my choice. I've gotta learn how to deal with her. Not giving her the satisfaction of a fight is a stragedy I want to work on. From there, at the very worst, we will be able to maintain a civil household without yelling and cursing.
chip