View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 04:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Steve58

Our net worth is so much better together, and our children are very important to us. Our relationship has to work out....we don't have any choice"

"Why is divorce so expensive, because it's worth it" (Just a little humor for ya)

Chip,

As I said, I have been there. At one point, my wife would push and push until she got me sooo pissed that it even got physical a time or two. Then, after the blowup, when I would really blast her, she would be nice for a few days (even weeks, sometimes). One day I fugured it out, she started, and I said "I know what you want, and your not getting it", I smiled and disappeared into my shop. You wanna see pissed, she was beyound pissed. And that was the way I handled it from then on til the divorce. That was when I learned about enablers and purpatratures. I was enableing her by responding.

I'm not suggestion divorce, Lord knows I can tell ya the dark side of that with children, and you dont want to go there unless you really, really have to, but you have to get to the bottom of why she is the way she is.

It's not selfish to think of yourself and look out for yourself sometimes. I once told my Ex, she could be unhappy if she wanted, but she wasnt bringing me down there with her anymore. And that was a new beginning for me. My life is still a work in progress, but getting better each day.

Best to ya, Pal!

Steve