View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Hi NTBS...Sharon Here..... parents do worry about there kids....esp. moms. I know..been there... done that.... still do at times.....Learning to let go and trust....its difficult.....I always told my kids that if they break that trust with me or their dad then it would take a long time to regain that trust....and so when they leave the house....we just have to trust that what we taught our kids was the right thing.....For me i could always tell if they were no doing right just by their actions....their demeaner....it never lies....and so they so far have been on the straight and narrow as far as i can tell. So no worries....

My kids would go out with a girl-friend or a boy-friend and we always told them that anything after 12 midnight was nothing but trouble...i know..been there done that...was drunk driving and had a horrble accident....

So i would lie awake some nights waiting for them to come home....sometimes it would be 11 but they were in the drive way and not on the highway....i still wanted them inside...oh well....they were safe off the roads. : )

With kids out and about it does way heavy on ones nerves...anxiety creeps in and takes a hold of u.

I normally let my husband stay awake and worry most of the time for the kids when they were younger. It took the pressure off me. Someone that is less likely to wig out if they r late would be the one to deal with that kind of situation.

I still worried at times but nothing to want to go out and drink or throw away my sobriety. Nothing today is worth it to go out as ive learned.

Now my 2 kids r in college one in a dorm and the other an apt. ...i dont worry about them like i use to,,,they r adults and independant. I trust them.

I also know and believe they are in good hands with the Man Up stairs.

Thanks for letting me share.