Thread: Ugh!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gypsyrose

Ugh!

The shock and/or denial is fading. I counted his Antabuse pills again and looked at the calender and he definately had stopped taking them for awhile. I know he didn't go to his meeting last night either. It does look as though he's started taking his pills again but he's still a huge pain in the backside. All positive communication between us has stopped. I'm not going to make an effort when he's not anymore. He'll open the door to a conversation and the minute I open my mouth he'll slam the door shut again, as though eveything I have to say bothers him. I'm sure even if all I offered was non-stop support and compliments he'd still find fault with everything about me. Well, I'm finding being around him pretty darn annoying and all I want to do is get away from him.

I am taking the boys on another little trip but can't be away too long because I don't want them to miss out on their karate classes. They're so close to getting their orange belts, I don't want them to lose their focus. AH and I aren't fighting, he just takes every opportunity to try to make me feel bad. He's fishing for a fight but I'm trying not to get hooked. AH hasn't done anything so outrageous that it warrants my making any big moves right now... but I'm braced for it which is an uncomfortable situation to be in. I'm looking forward to having a few days away from him at least.

It's hard for me to get to meetings because I have my boys with me all the time and besides.. I haven't found any I'm comfortable with. But I need to vent in a room full of people that can relate. I'm going to see if there are any meeting options tonight.

I'll probably check in again before the boys and I hit the road tomorrow. Thanks to you all for being around.

Last edited by gypsyrose; 09-14-2006 at 03:56 PM.