View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober4Ever

Question What is going on here? (SCARY!!)...

Hi everyone

I had just stopped taking Campral after being on it for a week, went another two days without drinking any alcohol (for a total of 9 whole days) when I finally broke down and drank 11 beers. That was several several days ago. The thing is, after about my third beer, I began to experienced some sort of buzzing, vibrating, vertigo sensation in my head/brain and it really terrified me. If anyone here has even been anesthetized with ether or "huffed" paint, etc, that's sort of like the sensation I had in my head (only milder). Of course, I went on to drink 11 beers, woke up feeling like something out of the Twilight Zone and got over it.

The next day, I was so terrified of the feeling I had experienced (and subsequent hangover ) that I did not drink ANY alcohol at all.

Fast forward to last night. Last night I only drank 6 beers but after the second or third one, I started to have that sensation in my head again but not as severe as it had been the other day. That night while I was sobering up, I felt all crazy inside and could'nt get to sleep right away. I got up, took an Atarax and laid back down and eventually fell asleep.

This morning, I felt half-way decent. I took a short walk outside, came back inside, poured a cup of coffee and sat down to read the news, As I sat there at my computer reading, I began to feel extremely spacy and wacked out. Suddenly it looked like the text and pictures on my monitor shifted a little bit to one side and I thought I was losing my mind or something. I also had that strange feeling in my head again. Then I had a panic attack. I also have this weird, hungover kind of feeling but it seems to be originating from my chest area (as crazy as that might sound).

I just can't believe that 6 lousy beers would have this kind of dramatic affect on me. Have I become alcohol intolerant or something?. Do I have some horrible disease or other condition that is being exassorbated by the alcohol?. Is any of this normal and why would only 6 beers make me feel this way?. I am so frightened right now it's unbelievable.

- Thank you, S4E