Notices

What is going on here? (SCARY!!)...

Old 09-10-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What is going on here? (SCARY!!)...

Hi everyone

I had just stopped taking Campral after being on it for a week, went another two days without drinking any alcohol (for a total of 9 whole days) when I finally broke down and drank 11 beers. That was several several days ago. The thing is, after about my third beer, I began to experienced some sort of buzzing, vibrating, vertigo sensation in my head/brain and it really terrified me. If anyone here has even been anesthetized with ether or "huffed" paint, etc, that's sort of like the sensation I had in my head (only milder). Of course, I went on to drink 11 beers, woke up feeling like something out of the Twilight Zone and got over it.

The next day, I was so terrified of the feeling I had experienced (and subsequent hangover ) that I did not drink ANY alcohol at all.

Fast forward to last night. Last night I only drank 6 beers but after the second or third one, I started to have that sensation in my head again but not as severe as it had been the other day. That night while I was sobering up, I felt all crazy inside and could'nt get to sleep right away. I got up, took an Atarax and laid back down and eventually fell asleep.

This morning, I felt half-way decent. I took a short walk outside, came back inside, poured a cup of coffee and sat down to read the news, As I sat there at my computer reading, I began to feel extremely spacy and wacked out. Suddenly it looked like the text and pictures on my monitor shifted a little bit to one side and I thought I was losing my mind or something. I also had that strange feeling in my head again. Then I had a panic attack. I also have this weird, hungover kind of feeling but it seems to be originating from my chest area (as crazy as that might sound).

I just can't believe that 6 lousy beers would have this kind of dramatic affect on me. Have I become alcohol intolerant or something?. Do I have some horrible disease or other condition that is being exassorbated by the alcohol?. Is any of this normal and why would only 6 beers make me feel this way?. I am so frightened right now it's unbelievable.

- Thank you, S4E
Old 09-10-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to talk to your dr to find out what the problem is.

I wish you well.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reply. Your probably right and I definately do plan to speak with her about this but I'm not sure my doctor is in on Sundays. In the interum, I was wondering if anyone else here has ever experienced any of these things. I am really frightened right now and in need of support and comfort

- S4E
Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Talking to your Dr. is the best thing to do.

But I thought I'd share that I've experienced some of the things you mentioned. I'm not on any of the meds you're on but I've been on a variety of other drugs over the past month or so: Prozac, Xanax, Benadryl, Herbal stuff, Alcohol, Alertec...
I can tell you that I've had sensations where my brain felt like it was shifting around in my head and things got dizzy for a moment. I've also felt spacy and text has jumped around for me on the computer. It never freaked me out because it all seemed like one of my meds was causing it. Some of these drugs really mess with your hydration levels so remember to drink lots of water.

don't worry too much and give your Doc a call!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand how scary it is.

But, we're not doctors here, so there's not much we can help with.

Do you have a walk-in clinic nearby, a place where you can drop in without an appointment?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Let's see...Campral plus Atarax plus alcohol.

I would be going to the ER for answers.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i AM also on Campral and after being on it for 33 days I drank, but when I was drinking I would take some of my doses but not all, like once I started drinking i wouldnt take that dose , so a couple of times I drank and I felt weird later on and a couple of times I had only drank about 5 beers, maybe 6 and so talk to your doctor and it may have something to do with the Campral, another thing is my doc told me to stay on the meddication even if I drank, but then to call and talk to her if I had any type of symptoms.