View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
NewYorkGirl
Newly Sober - HELLO!

OnceNice - let's do it together...

I replied to your post over the weekend and suggested we do it together since I had gone back to drinking too. It's not too late to start fresh. I am on my 4th day of sobriety. I'm cranky and eating ice cream again, but I think I would be cranky and trying to finish off my second bottle of wine if I just didn't want this life anymore. I think we just have to get sick of the sad lives we make for ourselves...and sick of making ourselves ill almost every day of our lives by drinking. Sounds like you're at that point...maybe you can make yourself sick of the false starts. I took some time this weekend to have a final drink and really just tasted it and tried to break it down into what was so magical about it...there's nothing - absolutely nothing - magical about it...it's just a losing game. It's a tragic trick. I thought about all of that and then I finished my drink and said goodbye. Ya know, I actually cried with relief and felt positive. It's totally within our control. Let's stay in touch and help one another....