Notices

Well here I am again - day one

Old 08-18-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rose! I'm so happy to see you here again.

I honestly believe you can beat this. I'm starting on "day one" again, so I'll travel the road with you.

Take care,
Jane
Old 08-19-2006, 12:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Yay Jane!!!!!

Great to see you back here at SR. Keep posting!! Would love to hear how you been going! I have recently quit pot (which I sort of leant on a fair bit) and quit my relationship of 10 years (dam hard decision and hard stuff but ... had to do it). Am just about to move home to a smaller place with my two daughters ... just can't afford the rent in this monumental house I am in, and quite frankly it is way too big and makes for a lonely feel, too many memories here too. My 19 yo son has also moved out with a mate.

So there are changes, changes, everywhere!!

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! How are the kids?

love and peace,
Brigid
Old 08-22-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Newly Sober - HELLO!

Hi all...I'm right there with you Once Nice. I quit for 2.5 months and then in the middle of a vacation decided I quit drinking without trying moderation...HA! 7 weeks later I realize moderation is a fantasy for me. I'm going sober tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on my success. Let's do it together...email me anytime.

New York Girl
Old 08-22-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Rose...Jane... NYGirl...

Many of us have had false starts before we settled into
sobriety. Just start again!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have tried to quit many times since last February...

This last time I gave it a chance and it seems like it's sticking.

Sobriety is very cool!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

How are you doing today Rose?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Rose,

I was thinking of you today, too.

Jane
Old 08-24-2006, 11:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, so so. I drank yesterday and Tuesday. I was doing pretty good since Saturday.
I don't know This whole thing makes me mad. I got my review at work and I knew, knew it would set me off. I told myself that I would end up drinking and I did. I was mad and I wanted to drink. So almost 4 days and I blew it. Just because of my review. I make excuses to drink and that bugs me.
One little thing goes wrong and I run for the beer bottle.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

i can totally relate to that. i would use any excuse i could think of to drink. if something good happened, if something bad happened, then it got to the point where i was really reaching for an excuse, "the f***ing mail is late! where's my beer!"
(well not that bad but you know what i mean)

now when i feel a trigger coming on i do something. go for a walk, work in the yard, or clean the house. it's funny because over the past couple of weeks - my kitchen has never been cleaner! the one thing i don't do is go for a drive, because i know i'll stop at a store and by beer - grocery shopping has been a little more difficult lately!
this is kind of off topic, but has anyone out there been in denial about drinking beer? i was in denial for the longest because i prefer beer - i thought "i'm not an alcoholic because i don't drink liquor, just beer!" - uh, yeah.

Oncenice - it helps to identify your triggers, and if you think one might happen, or you might be in a difficult situation, to make a plan for dealing with it. i know sometimes they just sneak up on you - but it helps to try to vent-out in other ways!

Stay Strong!

FallGirl
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Glad you posted Rose. I was thinking about you.

Next time -- find excuses NOT to drink. May be that will work for you. I know there's always an excuse for me to drink. I just choose not to. Keep being strong.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

StillNice:

Funny how, months later, we still seem to be in the same place as when we last talked. I haven't been here in ages, and it shows: in my bloated face, my tenuous hold on my crappy job because of alcohol-related absences, the same feelings of self-loathing you're currently experiencing...you're singin' my song, girlie!!

Something's gotta give...I like the idea of finding a reason NOT to drink; never really tried that approach. Reasons TO drink, I got that sh*t down to a science...

Nice to be here, and read you again,
Michael (Arp)
Old 08-25-2006, 04:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

OnceNice, thanks for posting!! I just kept on trying. You did really well with the sober time recently. You were able to get through a day, that is all you need to do, just one day.

What went wrong on the review?

peace and love,
Brigid
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Newly Sober - HELLO!

OnceNice - let's do it together...

I replied to your post over the weekend and suggested we do it together since I had gone back to drinking too. It's not too late to start fresh. I am on my 4th day of sobriety. I'm cranky and eating ice cream again, but I think I would be cranky and trying to finish off my second bottle of wine if I just didn't want this life anymore. I think we just have to get sick of the sad lives we make for ourselves...and sick of making ourselves ill almost every day of our lives by drinking. Sounds like you're at that point...maybe you can make yourself sick of the false starts. I took some time this weekend to have a final drink and really just tasted it and tried to break it down into what was so magical about it...there's nothing - absolutely nothing - magical about it...it's just a losing game. It's a tragic trick. I thought about all of that and then I finished my drink and said goodbye. Ya know, I actually cried with relief and felt positive. It's totally within our control. Let's stay in touch and help one another....