Old 08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BeamMeUpScotty

Hello,

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I would venture a guess that you are fine. Go and see a doctor and explain to him/her what you just posted.

I was a binge drinker almost nightly for well over a decade and a bartender (on and off) for about the same time where I witnessed behavior far worse than what you described. I saw some people stop horrendous behavior and come out fine. I myself was able to complete grad school (in a very competetive program) with perfect grades all while drinking hard.

I am not advocating you binge drink or drink in excess at all, but from the sounds of it, you seem intelligent enough and are aware enough of your own body whereby you could be a "normal" drinker--you may be able to go to dinner, have a couple drinks and that's it. Believe me, once you get out of the college environment, most people stop making the absolute fools of themselves with alcohol that those us here never did.

Yes, there are risks with alcohol, but in moderation (which I couldn't achieve), alcohol can be beneficial health wise. Talk with your doctor, and if you have less stress and worry without drinking, then don't drink.

I'd be very surprised if you had any permanent health problems.

BTW, have you seen Morgan Spurlock's (SuperSize Me) "30 Days"? You can rent them now, and there's one episode where a mother agrees to binge drink for 30 days to show her college-aged daughter its dangers. You might want to watch that.

Take care.