Old 08-27-2006, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ibhmn

Originally Posted by CoffeeAddict
when I stop drinking for several days, I feel as good in memory as ever. I don't have any symtoms when I stop drinking for a week, but I haven't gone sober for several weeks in a year.
Again, I'm not a doctor but it sounds like you are fine when you lay off. Alcohol can contribute to paranoia...so how about laying off for a few weeks (at least) and let your brain completely detox and maybe the paranoia will go away too.

In the process, you may find you don't need (or want) this stuff at all (and your grades will improve). Scr@w the peer pressure to drink! Whose future is at risk when YOU binge--theirs or YOURS?

Life isn't so much about what happens to us but about the choices we make when responding. You're at that juncture and you're smart enough to know it. Most of us you are reading didn't wise up as early as you. I've got kids about to start college. I hope they wise up as you have. (The way alcohol is marketed to college kids is a crime.)

Imagine if you invested the money most people spend on booze over a 45 year career. You will have well over $100,000 to spend traveling the world in retirement--and you'll remember the trips since you will have been sober!

Go get that degree and make the world a better place!!...