Old 08-27-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CoffeeAddict

Originally Posted by ibhmn

1) How many would you drink at one time and how rapidly?

2) Do you notice any difference in yourself now compared to before you began to drink? Do others notice any differences in you? Can you stop completely (weeks)without withdrawals?

I woke up today with slight cognitive impairment, especially typing, but I seem fine now.

1)There was a time, for about 3 months, where I would binge 2-3 times a week, and very heavily and rapidly (sometimes 4-5 drinks an hour, and up to 10-12 drinks, but that was rare) Even at this phase, I only had a minor irritation for about a day when I quit binge drinking.

2) I think there is a possibility in a difference, but no one else has seen it, even when I asked. Then again, no one noticed when I put off 10 pounds eithier. I don't think my short-term memory is as good as it was, but when I stop drinking for several days, I feel as good in memory as ever. I don't have any symtoms when I stop drinking for a week, but I haven't gone sober for several weeks in a year.

Otherwise, unless you or others see impairments, I'm guessing you are going to be just fine. Congrats on seeing the dangers of alcohol much sooner than most of the others here. You've got your whole life ahead of you to live without the shackles of alcohol. Make it a great one
Thanks for those kind words. : )