View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
noahsally

thank you all so much. i am still going round and round with my mom. she is staying with my brother tonight and probably tomorrow too. as for our living arrangement, my mom lives with me, my husband, my daughter, and my son. it is our house, yes. she was supposed to find a job and give us $400 a month, which i could care less about. my brother lives on his own and has about $4500 a month coming in. No, he does not work, this money is from dividends and i get it too. It is for being a Seminole indian. So, he does support himself, but my mom manages his money. She doles it out to him for his bills and groceries and gives him $100 at a time for spending money usually. Sometimes he keeps more than that, maybe $300 and the next day it is gone. Spent on drinking and drugs. Then, two days later when he is feeling sorry for himself and depressed we are supposed to let him come over and stay for a night or two.

It isn't that I want to save my brother, I know I can't. I just didn;t want things to turn out like this with my mom and me and I feel like I have no choice but to just let go of both of them.

Yes, my husband is fed up completely. So is my daughter, who is 17 and starting to not like my mom too much either. And, my mom keeps throwing it in my face, "Just wait til DD turns 18, just wait til she gets older, you'll see". It is almsot like she hopes my DD has a problems like my brother so she can say, "I told you so". She has been very very cruel to me today. I guess I am going to just have to choose my family over my mom and brother. Which shouldn't be a hard decision. I just am so sad over the fact I got my mom back 2 yrs ago and now it is all getting torn apart again because of him and how she chooses to handle him. She thinks I am the one who is wrong for saying, "Cut him off and see what happens". She is afraid he will end up on the streets or dead. Well, I don't want him to die either, but there is a limit!

Thanks again to everyone. I appreciate it so much.