View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
noahsally

my mom has attended so many meetings including Alanon. I have only been to a couple of meetings. It wasn't for me. I like doing this better than anything in person and am thinking about seeing a therapist for alot of reasons. As I posted in my other thread(didn't know that one made it through too), I feel like since I asked my mom to come stay with us and she has no job yet, no car, and no money coming in I am stuck. I am so afraid she will move in with him and eventually go back to doing drugs herself. I am such a peace keeper and I have always been that way. So much so that it ends up hurting me. I absolutely hate confrontation. Especially with my mom. She has this way of making me feel 5 again. She used to have me in tears all the time growing up. She still has that affect on me now. A few weeks ago we had a huge blowout about all this. It was like no matter what I said, I was wrong because he is "family" and you don't turn your back on your family. What about when your family is hurting you. Physically or mentally or emotionally, it doesn't matter. I still feel hurt and used.

I will check out that link, thank you.